Tuesday, January 1, 2008

First Christmas ...






Happy New Year! The Green family had a great first Christmas Eve. We made our house very cozy and played with our kid. Then on Christmas morning we opened all of the presents! Santa, Blitzen, and the Christmas Grinch all came through. J and I each took a few days off over the holidays and just spent relaxed time around the house. I am so glad that we did, because we both feel like Eli has grown tremendously in the last few days! All of a sudden he seems exponentially heavier and taller, he moved up a clothing size (6-9mo), he's eating like a pro, and he is awfully close to crawling. It seems like the crawling thing starts gradually, and by some measures I think you could say he is crawling already -- if not, he is truly on the brink. Which means that J and I will have to step up our learning curve to keep him away from all other brinks!

btw, I realize that all of these in the first batch are essentially the same picture, I just couldn't choose between them!

#1 ~ J and Eli looking related
#2 ~ Eli staying up late waiting for Santa. We disobeyed the 9PM bedtime rule and stayed up rocking and rocking until he fell asleep in my arms. :)
#3 ~ Staying up late is fun!
#4 ~ Our cozy house
#5 ~ Beginning of Christmas morning, wearing the outfit Smitty sent us!

No comments: