Saturday, September 22, 2007

Eli goes to daycare ...






So this was my first week back to work, and Eli's first week at daycare. Leading up to our first day, Jason and I both felt sad and apprehensive. Now, with the first week behind us, we can say that everything went okay, but it was a little rough for us at first. Not for Eli though ~ he apparently weathered the change very well. They send him home every day with very detailed reports, and said that he interacts and smiles a lot, eats well from the bottle. When we drop him off, other babies come right over to say hi, and when we pick him up, it's fun to find him amongst the tribe of babies. They were glad to see me back at work, and everything is already moving very quickly there. I miss Eli a lot during the day though and when I get back home I just want to snuggle down with him. Time really seemed to slow down for us during maternity leave, and now I'm afraid that, because we're busy, he'll start to grow up very fast!

#1 ~ The smiler

#2 ~ Eli demonstrates his new skill -- thumbsucking!

#3 ~ Me (feeling sad) and Eli (feeling sleepy) about to leave for the first day at daycare. Jason and I both went so we could see him off together.

#4 ~ Eli arrives for his first day "at school", sound asleep

#5 ~ This is what the baby room looks like. As you can see, it's not very big, and they don't have room for many babies. Right now there are only five full timers, including Eli, so it's a pretty good ratio and environment, we think.

No comments: